Occupational Health Physiotherapy
Occupational health physiotherapy uses a proactive, holistic approach to the assessment, diagnosis, management and prevention of musculoskeletal disorders in the workplace.
The physiotherapists that work with A. B. Health Ltd are specialist Occupational Health Physiotherapists and members of ACPOHE with additional training in occupational health physiotherapy and ergonomics. Our physiotherapists are experienced in many sectors including the public sector (NHS, local government, education, postal services), private healthcare, automotive manufacturing, transport, the banking industry, engineering and defence. They are experienced in effective communication with management, HR, other members of the occupational health team, and health and safety representatives in order to facilitate optimal clinical and occupational management of complex and routine cases, as well as providing initiatives to improve the health of the workforce as a whole, all while maintaining a thorough understanding of business needs through clear communication with HR and senior management. As part of our occupational health services we take an active role in supporting your business with absence management using detailed reports to provide specific advice regarding individual employee’s condition, functional capacity and long term prognosis, as well as service-wide reports to highlight areas of higher risk and provide recommendations of how to reduce this risk.
Occupational Health Physiotherapy services we can offer include
- Rapid-access remote physiotherapy assessment and advice services to help employees manage their condition and begin the recovery process as early as possible.
- Occupational physiotherapy and rehabilitation including work hardening and functional restoration programmes.
- Fitness for work assessment and reporting
- Ergonomic services including DSE workstation assessment, manual handling risk assessment, ergonomic risk assessment and ergonomic planning.
- Workplace wellbeing initiatives including
- Organisation of health promotion activities
- Reviewing organisational processes to ensure they are optimally encouraging a positive health and wellbeing culture
- Provision of bespoke informative literature for employees including advice leaflets and blogs.
- Training programmes for employees and/or managers including topics such as manual handling, DSE use and Injury prevention and management. Bespoke training programmes to suit the needs of your organisation can also be developed.
- Physiotherapist-led exercise classes at your place of work or at our Gosforth clinic. This could be general exercise classes including HITT, yoga, strength and conditioning or pilates, or bespoke classes designed to address particular health concerns in your workforce.
All of our physiotherapy services are specifically designed to suit the needs of each individual business, regardless of business size. Our senior occupational health physiotherapist will be happy to discuss your needs and work with you to create a plan to ensure your workforce are happy and healthy, ultimately reducing costs associated with absenteeism, presenteeism, and staff turnover. For more information see our occupational health partner’s website at www.physiotherapymatters.co.uk/occupational-health